”In the Heart of Newtown with Newtown at Heart”
Newtown Mission Community Care Centre is where people from all walks of life can come & relax, meet with people, make friends, seek help and support or a meal.
We work hard to establishing a community based on Christian principles – Loving God first and loving people. We provide approximately 100 meals each day thanks to the generosity of the community who give in kind or cash.
Our Service to the Community
The Centre is open each Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday (1-3pm), Thursdays (6-8pm) at 280A King St Newtown (enter via alleyway next the flower shop)
- Lunches at Jordan Café – free bistro style meals and beverages through the week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays 1-3pm
- Thanksgiving Community Dinner served at the table following our Chapel service at 6pm.
- Advocacy for those in need
- HPLS Legal Service (Fridays 1.30-2.30pm)
- Homeless support
- Networking with local community groups
- Emergency food relief
- Volunteer opportunities